Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Update of Vickers Research

Things are moving along but not as well as I would like.  I have been pouring through the records from the National Archives and can now paint of when/where picture of his Civil War experiences.  I am still waiting for the VA pension records to arrive; they sure are SLOW!

I am drawing a blank trying to locate any personal records/letters of his having received no response from anyone associated with any Vickers gemological groups.

Two very positive notes:  Clyde Tinklepaugh PMC '71 has agreed to help me by combing the records in Wilmington and Camden.  Clyde is very active in organizing and categorizing PMC artifacts for the PMC Museum and is on the Museum Committee as well.

I addition I will be working with Janet Burkitt a freelance writer, editor, and historical researcher who has access to the NARA archives at College Park, MD.  That is where the State Department records from the period reside.

That is about it for now.

Keep History Alive!
bs






No comments:

Post a Comment