Thursday, February 11, 2010

An Experiment

While I was in San Diego at the American Historical Association conference I talked to someone who raved about Evernote. ( http://www.evernote.com/ ).  This is an online access point (think cloud computing here) that allows you to take notes from any computer and deposit them into a central database, but it is much more than that.  You will have to check it out yourself to get the details.  The basic service is free.  Right now I see no need for the advanced services but some of you might.  What I especially like about it is that I can sort and arrange my note cards in any number of ways.

I will let you now how it works for me in the upcoming months.

2 comments:

  1. You can sync Evernote notes to your iPhone if you have one. If you're looking into notes systems there are a ton. There are several "mind mapping" apps as well which would essentially do something similar to what you may be looking for.

    "Mind mapping software is used to create diagrams of relationships between ideas or other pieces of information"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software

    ReplyDelete