Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jackson Barracks & Chalamette Cemetery

Jackson Barracks & Chalmette Cemetery.

Well, I left NO today and am now in Jackson, Mississippi. When I am home I will write much more and provide details. Suffice it to say LTC Tommy Ryan, LA National Guard Historian was an outstanding host. We toured Jackson Barracks and I took a lot of pictures which I will post next week. Here is one of the pictures for the Barracks. It is the side gate that Harry must have walked through hundreds of times.


I got to eat my first Po Boy in a long time at lunch. I then went to find Robinett’s grave site. The folks at the cemetery had cleaned the stone, which I much appreciate. I placed two flags, Harry’s picture, and placed a nice bouquet of white roses (see Tuesday, April 28, 2009 post). I took some more pictures and will post them next week as well.

I was quite moved at the grave site and will write more on that experience next week. I leave you tonight with one picture.



Keep History Alive
bs

No comments:

Post a Comment