Friday, October 23, 2009

Back to Work

Well, this Sunday I will be back at work on my second draft. Thanks to last weekend at PMC/Widener I have numerous items I wish to add to the project.

AMU is asking for next year's grant applications by 1 December. That means I must decided if I wish to do this again and if so how. The options are:

1. Don't apply, chill for the year - NOPE - doesn't sound like me.
2. Apply and expand Robinett in a full biography - not sure that is really interesting to anyone as I have the most critical events in this one.
3. Make Robinett volume one of a series on the cadets of DMA/PMA in the Civil War. This hold great merit as no work has been done on them and there are a ton of interesting cadets involved in the war. I am leaning towards this for my grant proposal. Your ideas are greatly appreciated.

I have been talking to a friend of mine, Bob Babcock who owns a publishing company and is also an accomplished historian himself. He think s the best potential is for a series of mini-books on these guys. You can check out his works here. What Now Lieutenant? is a great read and still relevant for today. He has also written a nice work on the 4th ID in OIF 1.

http://www.deedspublishing.com/

Keep history Alive!
bs

No comments:

Post a Comment