Monday, November 2, 2009

I worked all day Sunday re-reading my draft. I am not quite done but getting there. Later this week, I will be mailing it to Al Nofi and Susannah Ural, both outstanding historians in the hopes that they can get me on the right track, presentation & style wise. Susannah works at Southern Miss. where she is an Associate Professor & Senior fellow @ the Center for the Study of War & Society. We met a about 4? years ago at a conference. Al, well I have known him quite a while. He is now retired from teaching but is not really retired (after all, what teacher can afford to do so?). He has his hands in many endeavors: writes for StrategyWorld.com, has numerous publications to his credit, back in the day he designed numerous wargames with Jim Dunnigan and others, he is also a defense consultant and, unless it has changed, currently works for the Navy. He helped my students in Texas on a few projects as well; most notably a trip to Bracketville, TX and the "John Wayne" Alamo where we worked on a project for the Institute of Texan Cultures. I will also be sending various excerpts to others including Tom Parson at the Corinth Civil War Interpretive Center.

On the downhill side and hope to have the "final" draft for AMU by the end of Thanksgiving weekend.

Keep History Alive.

bs

No comments:

Post a Comment