Friday, February 27, 2009

Jessica Prince, Class of 2010

I met Jessica Diana Prince (Class of 2010) this past summer during my preliminary research. It seems she was doing an independent study project on Widener University During the Time of Lincoln so we had similar interests. We meet at the Delaware County Historical Society when she accompanied Beck Warda. Recently she presented her findings, I believe, to an alumni committee of some sort. I learned some things either I did not know or could not remember from my time a PMC.

She found a picture of Henry Clay Robinett[e]:


Source: University of the Pacific, Holt- Atherton Special Collections

In 1963 Battery Robinette was formed at PMC and fired their cannon at football games, until it cracked. Wonder when that was?


Source: Widener University Archives

This is how the battery looked recently:


Here is one of Lincoln she found, I would guess it is from around the turn of the century, when he was in charge of the Iowa National Guard, give or take a decade:


Source: Iowa State University Archives (another place I need to visit)

She has some more interesting information but it is not germane to my project

Thanks for sharing Jessica!

Keep History Alive

bs

No comments:

Post a Comment