Monday, February 23, 2009

THE Plan

Okay, the basics of my plan are together. Here is what I have laid out so far:

Initial Research Completed by 31 JUL 2009

I think I can successfully complete most of my research by this date based on my work schedule, conferences I am going to attend and holidays. Of course, no plan meets contact with the enemy so we will see how this goes. I have two monographs to complete for the Signal Corps during this time as well so it looks like a lot of words will be flowing during this time.

Through out this time I will need to travel some. Possible trips include: Pacific University for the papers of Robinette’s brother, Iowa State for the papers of Lincoln, Widener and the various Historical Societies in the area.

Begin Writing August/September

August and September should be interesting. I will be on vacation August 15-23 in Ocean City, NJ. That should give me time to run to Widener if I need to and some quiet time to pound work on the draft.

Initial Draft Completed by 1 OCT 2009

I will then use October for Peer Review. Okay, the trick here is to find a few “volunteers” to read and critique my draft. After I have asked some folks to do this, I will post their names for all to see. I also hope to travel back to Widener for Homecoming to allow for some more reviews while I am there.

Peer Review of Draft Completed by 1 NOV 2009

After the Peer Review I will make modifications and complete a few more drafts during November until I have it in a final form that I can be comfortable with.

Final Draft Completed by 1 DEC 2009

This is a drop dead date. No product no cash from APU/AMU and I must reimburse what I have spent.

Article Submitted by 1 DEC 2009

Submitted to whom? APU/AMU After that I will submit it for publication in a scholarly journal.

That is my initial basic plan. We will see how it changes as I go.

Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment