Monday, March 23, 2009

Records Search - Vonnie S. Zullo

I had a wonderful conversation today with Vonnie. She is a professional researcher: The Horse Soldier Research Service - http://www.horsesoldier.com/research.html . She has worked in the field for over 20 years. As she told me, “My research fee is $45.00/hour, plus the client pays the copying and shipping charges. It’s difficult to predict how long it will take to copy the files, for obviously it depends on their length. Usually I can complete the research in 2 hours or less. I don’t charge for the time it takes the Archives staff to locate and pull the files. During that 1-2 hour time period I work for other clients, to make it the most cost efficient for everyone. My turnaround time runs 1- 2 weeks, but it you are in a hurry to receive the material, I can do the research within days of receiving it.” She is going to tackle finding HCR’s court martial records. Since he was an officer, there is a very good chance she will be able to find the complete transcript of the trail; that should be interesting. Her family runs an antique store in Gettysburg: http://www.horsesoldier.com/ Check them out.

Keep History Alive
bs

No comments:

Post a Comment