Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Things are Moving Right Along

Well more news on the Robinette front. I talked to Allison Pena today. She is in New Orleans at the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park. We talked about finding Robinett’s gravesite. Becky at Widener located it at Chalmette National Cemetery. You might know this place as the site of the Battle of New Orleans (It was not actually fought IN New Orleans). She is going to check the actual site and see what kind of condition it is in.

When Katrina hit they did experience some significant damage to the park but it is now being repaired. I have added New Orleans to my April trip lists. It looks like I will be going to Corinth and Vicksburg, MS as well as New Orleans the weekend after Easter. That will also give me a chance to return to one of my favorite places in NO—The National WWII Museum (Formerly The National D-Day Museum).

I am off to The Chickamauga Battlefield Thursday evening and will return on Sunday. No more work on the project until then.

Keep History Alive
bs

1 comment:

  1. Bill,
    Things are looking real good and seem to be coming together. I will keep a close watch as time permits.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete