Monday, March 23, 2009

So...What have I been doing?

I am spending my time re-reading/skimming some books on why soldiers volunteered to fight in the Civil War. I have read in the last week:

McPherson, James M. What They Fought For 1861-1865. New York: Anchor Books, 1995. WTFF

Wiley, Bell Irvin. The Life of Billy Yank: The Common Soldier of the Union. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University Press, 1971. BY

Wiley, Bell Irvin. The Life of Johnny Reb: The Common Soldier of the Confederacy. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University Press, 1978. JR

Robertson, James I., Jr. Soldiers Blue and Gray. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 1998. SBG

BTW, student note, I am use Chicago Manul of Style/Turiban and for your papers you should as well.

What are those letters after the citation? Why, that is shorthand I am using in my note cards. Remember, I note the book and page of each bit of information I am using.

How could I possibly have "read" all those books in the last week? No need to actually READ them. I read them some years ago and have them all marked up. In addition, I only need certain sections of each books except What They Fought For I went though that entire book.

This week one of my goals is to hit the Columbia County Library and request numerous works on inter-library loan.

Keep History Alive.
bs

No comments:

Post a Comment